Terms and Conditions
Prices / General Conditions All prices are fixed end prices excluding shipping costs.
Payment As ski sets are mounted on order, advance payment via credit card or PayPal are the only offered payment methods. After placing an online order at our webshop, you will receive an order confirmation via email with all details.
Delivery After placing an order you will receive all necessary information from us regarding the estimated delivery period. The delivery time is subject to variation, depending on the current order situation.
Domestic delivery rates Within Switzerland we offer free shipping on all orders.
International delivery rates
Within the EU a shipping fee of 40,00 CHF will be charged per order. This excludes any additional customs fees and import taxes. These are subject to country specific regulations and will be charged separately by the respective authorities.
Non-EU countries individual shipping rates will be charged per order. This excludes additional customs fees and import taxes. These are subject to country specific regulations and will be charged separately by the respective authorities.
Returns EU and non-EU country orders can only be returned in case of a wrong item received or clearly faulty production. All individually mounted ski sets can generally not be returned, just in case of a wrong item received or clearly faulty production.
Warranty (skis) Earlybird warrants to the original purchaser that our products will be free from any defects in material or workmanship for a period of two (2) years from the date of purchase. If, during normal and proper use of the skis, undue quality failure arises within the two year warranty period, an approval of your warranty claim is subject to a review and approval and is left to our sole discretion.
The following is not covered by the warranty
- Damage caused by rocks, tree stumps, rails or any other contact with a surface other than snow.
- Scratches, nicks and cuts of the top cover, in particular impact scores from ski edges.
- Loss of fading of graphics due to abuse or neglect (it is recommended to treat the top cover regularly with a suitable oil).
- Minor irregularities on the sliding surface as well as underneath the binding.
- Damage to the ski due to installation and incorrect setting of the binging (earlybirdskis recommends to exclusively install set bindings (ATK, Marker, Fritschi) as the skis are optimized for the hole pattern of these bindings. The installation of other bindings is at your own risk.
- Normal wear and tear
- Any damage that does not occur during skiing
The buyer/user is aware of all the risks, which are related to his practiced sport. The buyer/user assumes all risks and liability for any accidents related to the use of the product!
Normal and appropriate use The normal and appropriate use is defined as using the ski exclusively as a touring ski (CHICKADEE 90, NUTCRACKER 98, JACKDAW 108) or touring and freeride ski (PHOENIX 118, OWASHI 136). Rigorous contact with rocks, stones, roots, ice blocks, asphalt/concrete, metal (including rails) and all materials other than snow, are not considered appropriate use and may cause damage to the sliding surface and the edges and, as a consequence, to premature breakage of the ski.
Warranty (bindings/accessories) Warranty terms and conditions of the respective manufacturers apply.
- Drilling the hole must be carried out with a diameter of 3,6mm and maximum drilling depth of 9mm, depending on the ski model.
- An appropriate fast epoxy based glue should be used to seal the screws and holes.
- Tightening of the screws must be done by hand to prevent damage to the core.
- All hard touring boots made of carbon can cause premature damage to the ski under the binding , as these types of boots do not allow for appropriate flex of the ski.
- The ISO 11088 norm must be fully respected and adhered to in the installation and adjustment of the binding.
- When waxing your skis, the heat should be regulated and not set too high. Prolonged contact of the hot wax with the ski should be avoided, as it may cause blisters and burns which are not covered by the warranty.
Complaints/ Returns /Exchanges All skis are individually produced and tested. We recommend to test an appropriate model before ordering to get a comprehensive idea of the expected performance; this offer represents part of the purchase agreement. Justified defects allow for an exchange of the product within 10 days upon receipt of the goods. Change of heart or not liking of the skis do not fall under the definition of 'justified defects'.
Copyright All content and works on these pages are subject to copyright. The reproduction, modification, distribution or any kind of use requires the written consent of the copyright holder.
Liability for Links No liability can be accepted for the content of linked third-party sites; the owner and right holder of the respective sites are responsible.
Registered office Place of performance and jurisdiction is Bern.
earlybird skis gmbh | Aegertenstrasse 66 | 3005 Bern | Switzerland
Registration No .: CHE-288.831.283
By purchasing and/or ordering, the buyer accepts the hereby mentioned terms and conditions of the company earlybird skis gmbh.